Weekly Cafeteria Menu
Wednesday July 1st
Thursday, July 2nd
Cheeseburger & Fries
Friday, July 3rd
Fourth of July Holiday
Monday, July 6th
Tuesday, July 7th
Teriyaki Chicken & Rice
Wednesday, July 8th
Thursday, July 9th
Grilled Chicken & Cranberry Feta Salad
Friday, July 10th
Pizza & Salad
These trendy restaurant-style Asian Wraps are as fun to make as they are to eat. Plus, thanks to the cool Bibb lettuce that holds the flavor-packed chicken filling, this is one of our most requested low-carb chicken recipes.
Serves: 10 Serving Size: 2 wraps
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and coarsely shredded
- 1/4 pound fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 small head Napa or Chinese cabbage, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 6 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 to 2 heads Bibb lettuce, separated to obtain 20 leaves
1. In a large bowl, combine chicken, bean sprouts, cabbage, carrot, and scallions; mix well.
2. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, canola oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and black pepper; mix well then pour over cabbage mixture. Mix until evenly coated.
3. Spoon an equal amount of chicken mixture onto center of each lettuce leaf and fold like an envelope. Turn over and place on a serving platter.