Weekly Cafeteria Menu
Monday, March 30
Beef Casserole & Salad
Tuesday, March 31
Wednesday, April 1
Thursday, April 2
Friday, April 3
Fish Filet Sandwich & Fries
Diabetic Friendly Recipe (see below)
being served in the Cafeteria 4/7/15
Serves: 10 Serving Size: 2 Wraps
These trendy restaurant-style Asian Wraps are as fun to make as they are to eat.
Plus, thanks to the cool Bibb lettuce that holds the flavor-packed chicken filling, this is one of our most requested low-carb chicken recipes.
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and coarsely shredded
- 1/4 pound fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 small head Napa or Chinese cabbage, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 6 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1 to 2 heads Bibb lettuce, separated to obtain 20 leaves
1. In a large bowl, combine chicken, bean sprouts, cabbage, carrot, and scallions; mix well.
2. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, canola oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and black pepper;
mix well then pour over cabbage mixture. Mix until evenly coated.
3. Spoon an equal amount of chicken mixture onto center of each lettuce leaf and fold like an envelope.
Turn over and place on a serving platter.